Saturday, August 30, 2014

Eat like a Viking



It’s my second time to dine at Vikings, Megamall branch, and this time I am with my family. The first time I ate here, it was my office mate’s birthday. Since it is my second time, I made the reservations two weeks ago and I chose the dining area at the back of the beverage station.

When dining at Vikings, it is better to make a reservation at least two (2) weeks before your target date of dining. Many people eats at Vikings, Megamall branch even on weekdays.

I remembered, we tried dining at Vikings on a lunch time on Monday, I did not make any reservation for I thought it is a lean day, to my surprise, there are many people (walk-ins) on queue , so we decided to just eat to other restaurant. So better to call Vikings first and make your reservations.

 
We were already there before Vikings opened. There were already lots of people on queue both walk – ins and with reservations. A separate queuing   number were given to walk-in customers and to those who have reservations.

Yes, Vikings is fair enough to accommodate also those without reservations.

We availed the birthday promo treat of Vikings since it is the birthday of my hubby. If you will dine on the day of your birthday, the celebrant is free provided that he/she has at least one (1) accompanying adult. And if you will dine on any day of your birthday month, the celebrant is free of charge as long as is accompanied with four (4) full paying adults.



Vikings has a nice dining area especially at the back of the beverage station, so better choose that place when you are planning to make reservations. It is more spacious compared to those seats near the Japanese foods (on the left side when you are facing the entrance) and those seats near the grilling station.

Dining area at the back of the beverage station and near the grilling station


 
The dining area at the back of the beverage station.
Dining area near the Chinese foods station 

Vikings has a lot of foods to offer, from Asian, European and American.

Dimsums and other Chinese foods station
They have the salad station, the carving station. I like the roast beef, it is tender.
The carving station and the "make ur own" shabu shabu

 
For the Asian food, they have Chinese foods which dimsums that I like best. There are different dimsum that you can choose from. Tthere are pork and beef siomai, hakao, and beancurd. They also have yangchow rice, stir fried vegetables, and others.

For the Japanese food, they have also different types of maki, there are shrimp tempura, which I think is one of every person’s favorite. It ran out fast, you just have to wait for awhile to have it refilled.




Vikings is also known for its grilling station. You can choose from their seafoods selection and even meat. You just have to choose what to grill and the waiter will serve it to your table.

 
The grilling staion


They also have Italian food station, where you can even make your own pasta. It has also different bread types, mini pretzels, croissant, oat meal bread (which I like).


Vikings have a great selection of desserts and beverages. You can choose from cakes, pastries, panacotta, crème brulee, ice cream, and crepes.






They have also kiddie plates with matching kiddie spoon and fork.



For their beverage station,




You can choose from any brands of soft drinks, draft beer and even Tiger beer (in can), Milo, this is so yummy, it is not the usual Milo that we make at home, coffee which you can make your own cappuccino, sago and gulaman, fruit shakes, different flavors of Winnings Tea, (blueberry lemonade, iced tea, four seasons, lemon with mint, lemon with tanglad, and others that I forgot, And what I liked most? The Wintermelon!! It is super yummy. 

You can also make your own milk tea, an instruction guide is provided.


"make ur own" milk station

You can also ask for Twinings tea, which I preferred to take it at home very discreetly. =)

I super like their beverage station that I even stand there and taste a little of almost everything. ;-)
 
If you are celebrating your birthday, you will be greeted and sang with a vey lively and happy song and a cake will be given as complimentary.

Since this is my second time, I can say that I have tasted almost everything.

I enjoyed dining at Vikings. I may not have tried all the dishes, but I can say that that all foods that I ate were all good. The dining experience is exciting. The value of money spent was worth it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment